Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Cole Family Reunion 2016

In case you were wondering why I didn't post last week, I was at a family reunion. Specifically for my dad's side of the family.



We rented a cabin for three days in Altamont, Utah. Altamont is the middle of nowhere near Duchesne (pronounced "Du-shane", for those of you who don't speak Utah). Since we weren't supposed to check into the cabin until late Monday afternoon, my immediate family decided to drive out to Vernal and Dinosaur National Monument. We stopped at the Natural History Museum first.



We met with dad's brother Scott's family for lunch and then went to the Monument.




Scott's daughter Julie next to a dinosaur's leg




Drive by the temple going back through Vernal.



Then it was out to the cabin.  Now, my dad has nine siblings in all, and some of them have grandchildren--LOTS of grandchildren. So it had to be a HUGE cabin. Three stories, bedrooms on the top and bottom floor, a game room, large restrooms with showers, a barn with a rock wall, paintball and mountain bike rentals, a swimming pool and hot tub--and it was all put to use.



LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE. And they're all related to me.



Dinners on the veranda were the best.



I didn't get a lot of photos, but these were some of the best.


It's not summer if your tongue isn't the wrong color


Watermelon!



This is my cousin Gloria's son James. I hadn't met him before. He is very cute and I fell in love with him right away. But James wasn't so sure.



I think he at least figured out that we both like Star Wars, so we're getting somewhere.

This is my cousin Chalise's son Asher. I also had not met him before last week. But probably one of my favorite moments of the reunion was blowing raspberries with Asher in the kitchen while my family was making lunch on Wednesday.



This is my cousin Nicole's baby girl Portia with my dad.



This is Lafe's baby boy Levi--easily the most photogenic baby we had.



I had to ditch out after family photos because I had work the next morning. But it wasn't the end of the world. Everyone had a great time.

1 comment: