Tuesday, January 26, 2016

PEW PEW! (My Star Wars Toy Collection)

I was never big into action figures when I was a little kid.  I love dolls and little plastic figurines and I already have a whole collection of those. But as it turns out, in recent months I've caught the bug for action figures, specifically Star Wars ones.

(All photos courtesy of my grainy phone camera)

Sassmaster Obi-Wan
It started last March when I went home to visit my family.  We were cleaning out the garage and going through some toys to give away to some friends of ours.  What turned up among my brothers' old toys were a Clone Wars Obi-wan Kenobi action figure and a super battle droid. I took them back with me to Utah.  I named the super battle droid Buster since I thought he should have a name. 
This is Buster.  I kind of have to bend his middle forward to get him to stand up.
Then in December, for my birthday my aunt got me a bunch of Star Wars stuff, including a set of mini spaceships.  The set she got me included a Millenium Falcon, a First Order TIE fighter, and Finn and Poe's wrecked TIE from The Force Awakens.  Naturally I started playing with them.  TFA was about to come out and I was in a mood to zoom spaceships around make "pew pew" noises.  I even took some fun photos with my figurines.

Finn's stolen TIE fighter crash lands on Jakku
The Millenium Falcon soars over the winterbound
northern hemisphere of the planet Provo
Over Christmas break, I got a little money so I decided to spend it on, you guessed it, more Star Wars toys.  At a Dollar General store I got two die-cast $5 models, one of the Millenium Falcon (because I wanted a bigger one) and one of a classic X-wing fighter. 

The Millenium Falcon crashes on Starkiller Base

Then at Family Dollar I got two more boxes of mini ships.  I got a set with two Resistance X-wings and another First Order TIE.

Poe Dameron's X-Wing

(Also, side note, has anyone else noticed that the Resistance X-wing's are built differently from the classic ones?  The s-foils are cut to fold into a single piece rather than on top of the other)

However, I COULD NOT pass up a trio of Clone Wars fighters.  These included a droid tri-fighter, a clone fighter, and a Jedi starfighter.  

Prequels merchandise restores my faith in humanity
I'm in love with the clone fighter, personally.  I know it's a cheap throwback/forerunner of the X-wing but it's beautiful.

I also got a deck of TFA marked playing cards which I'm going to break in...sometime.  But my FAVORITE thing that I got was a Rey action figure.  The action figure included her staff and satchel, but I actually can't get the figure to carry the satchel so it's useless. 

REY REY!
 I don't really think I'm going to get any more.  I'd love a little BB-8 to go with Rey, though. I haven't really paid that much attention to my action figures since I got them, so I guess it was a phase. But one of these days, though ..."pew pew."

The complete collection

No comments:

Post a Comment