Monday, November 28, 2016

Come on, Comic Con!

ATTN: The Salt Lake Comic Con Community but also Mr. Brandenburg and Mr. Farr

Christmas is the season for Wish Lists, so right now seems like the perfect time time to post my wish list for Salt Lake Comic Con. These are the people I want to come period that I think bear special mentioning but that don’t get mentioned on the community polls quite as much.

The Cast of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

We like voice actors, right? And the Star Wars animation panel last September proved that they come better in groups. Why not gather up the stars of this excellent but obscure Disney TV show from back in the day? Patrick Warburton was at my first-ever con in September 2014 and his panel was excellent.  But calling himself ‘the Poor Man’s Buzz Lightyear’ ? Dude, you are the BEST Buzz Lightyear IMO.





Let’s look at the other costars (*pulls up IMDB*). XR was voiced by two different guys, Larry Miller who was Paulo in The Princess Diaries and Niel Flynn who stars in The Middle. What's not to like?



We’ve got Stephen Furst, Adam Carolla, Wayne Knight...that’s most of the top stars right there. And of course Nicole Sullivan plays Mira Nova and if I’ve asked for her to come once I’ve asked a million times. Sullivan is also the voice of Shego in Kim Possible--guaranteed I see at least one Kim Possible cosplayer at every event, I even saw a Shego once. This needs to happen. And if Salt Lake Comic Con brings Nicole Sullivan to whatever event, I will cancel whatever other cosplay I had planned and do Mira Nova to go meet her.

Star Wars Voice Actors

While we’re on the subject of voice actors, let’s talk Star Wars. Yes, please keep bringing James Arnold Taylor because he is a peach. But let us add to the mix Vanessa Marshall, Cat Taber, Matt Lanter, and Ashley Eckstein because AHSOKA!!!! One of my cosplay friends does Ahsoka and deserves to meet her.

Image result for ahsoka tano gif
The Wookie Gunner

Also, random author request--John Jackson Miller. He wrote A New Dawn and Kenobi. You should seriously consider him.

The Cast of Supergirl

The cast of Supergirl is A. MUST. I am hoping to build a Supergirl costume sometime in the new year and I would LOVE have it to wear to a photo op with Melissa Benoist.

Image result for supergirl melissa benoist
E! Online

I would also love to meet Chyler Leigh because Alex Danvers is one of the most hardcore fictional characters to ever exist.

Related image
Shows Chitchat


Jeremy Jordan is also a cinnamon roll and I would die of happiness if I met him.
Image result for supergirl winn schott gif
Revisa Tviso

I also really need David Harwood and Mechad Brooks. Laura Benanti is so regal and graceful whether she is Astra or Alura, she’d be an awesome guest. And Tyler Hochelin is literally the only Superman I care about--literally.

The Supporting Cast of The Martian

Matt Damon might be a long shot, and it should be obvious how badly we want Sebastian Stan back. But might I suggest, Michael Pena, who was also Luis in Ant-Man, and Chitewe Ejofor and Benedict Wong who were both in Doctor Strange. And Jessica Chastian because Commander Lewis is one of the greatest space moms ever.

Image result for the martian commander lewis
Rappler

The Cast of Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates of the Caribbean is a fandom that deserves more respect, but that’s another blog post. Maybe not Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom but please consider Geoffrey Rush, Jack Davenport (I have the hots for Norrington),

Image result for pirates of the caribbean norrington
PotC Wiki

Lee Arrington and Mackenzie Crook who brought Pintel and Ragetti to life,
Image result for pirates of the caribbean pintel and ragetti
PotC Wiki

and Kevin McNally.
Image result for pirates of the caribbean mr. gibbs
Disney Wiki

And I would never say no to Keira Knightley.

Miscellaneous Movie Stars
Image result for doctor strange movie the ancient one
CinemaBlend
Okay, I really want Tilda Swinton to come. She’s awesome even though, yes, she is the White Witch. But she's the Ancient One now, too. And she's really nice off-camera. So yes, bring her.

I absolutely MUST have Liam Neeson

Related image
lacasadeel

and Ewan MacGregor is, like, THE MAN.

Related image
cheatsheet

And Will Arnett--we’ve got The Lego Batman Movie coming out next year. Lego Batman is literally the only Batman I like.
Image result for lego movie batman gif
Tumblr

And how about Sam Riley?

Image result for maleficent movie diaval
Pinterest

Or Lee Pace with his fabulous eyebrows?
Image result for lee pace eyebrows gif
Tumblr

And then Warwick Davis--YES PLEASE!
Image result for warwick davis willow gif
Demon's Resume

I liked Fantastic Beasts, get Eddy Redmayne if you can but also consider his costars: Katherine Waterston, Dan Folger, and Alison Sudol.

Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them poster
Heroic Hollywood

Marvel people are always great. A few to consider would be Stallan Skarsgard, Paul Bettany, and Cobie Smulders. As a Scarlet Witch Cosplayer I definitely want Elizabeth Olsen to come (and plus, she’s another Elizabeth).
Image result for scarlet witch gif
GIF Huntress

And I need Clark Gregg to come the way I need air. He's just, one of the greatest people ever. And he is COULSON. So there.
Image result for the avengers coulson gif
Wiffle Gif


No comments:

Post a Comment