Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Cosplay Adventures: THIS IS HALLOWEEN!

To be brutally honest, it wasn't the best Halloween ever. But it was fun.

Ghosts of Groceries past decoration at the freshman dorms. So cute!

Halloween is the day that cosplayers can go out in their costumes without being self-conscious. Even then, I was still taking it low-key as undercover Natasha Romanoff.

Mirror selfie before I hit the road
This was my first time wearing the ensemble out in public. I was going to a shopping mall to met up with a friend--what better to wear?

Image result for captain america the winter soldier mall scene
Pinterest

It was a day for cute Black Widow selfies.



And I got shawarma for lunch. BECAUSE SHAWARMA.



After my friend left, I hung around the mall for a minute--and caught the gingerbread man!



Then I went to BYU campus. Because Halloween at BYU is the best. I was not disappointed.

The girl on the left is a Third Wheel

Probably the most Halloween-ish thing to happen: while I was heading up the hill from Helaman Halls, a couple of crows perched in a tree near the Tanner Building. One of the cawed loudly.



I ran into Captain America by the library. Of course I had to tease him (and of course he recognized my costume).


Also from the Marvel Cinematic Universe we had a female Star-Lord. Here she is with a Jedi and the zookeeper who killed Harambe: 



And you'll never guess what she had in her purse!



I ran into a friend from my intro to Theater class four years ago. He's the Santa Claus:



Here's Giselle:



Disney was well-represented this year.




I hung out with these three awesome guys while I was on campus. They invited me to a lightsaber battle tonight but sadly I completely spaced it. :( Hopefully next time






There was a Rey standing close by so of course they had to grab her!




You should know, this is the strangest thing Flynn Rider has ever done: he used the frying pan to fed off the lightsabers




Ran into the Doctor at the BYUStore:


Two people by the library playing recorders:




Kubo from Kubo and the Two Strings. I haven't seen it but I might go see it at the Dollar Theater

This Jareth was a touch less flirty than the one I met at Comic Con:

In the last couple of weeks I managed to find some black pants and a tight jacket to serve as a pseud-catsuit. I put those on with my other Black Widow gear for the night. I hung out with some friends from my singles ward in hopes we could find some cool parties to hit up, but the one on Provo Center Street was lame and there wasn't anything else going on. At least we tried. 


I still have a lot to do learn about being in character for Black Widow. Natasha Romanoff is a lot more confident than I am. But I look forward to doing this character again. Halloween was fun, but it was over too quickly and I didn't get to do enough. I can, however, savor what I did get to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment