Tuesday, January 17, 2017

8 Snakes that Describe Me as a Slytherin

Two months ago, if you follow me on The Geeky Mormon, you will recall that I took the Pottermore sorting quiz and got Slytherin for my Hogwarts house. And I have decided to roll with it.




Now most people don't like snakes because in certain cultures they are associated with evil. In the Judeo-Christian tradition especially, the snake is associated with the Devil, and Satan is often referred to as a serpent.

But today I am here to point out to you that I am not that kind of a snake, neither as a Slytherin nor as a person. Not all snakes are evil, nor do they represent such.


Image result for snake meme
Pinterest

The ideal snake I wish to be associated with? The Brass Serpent, which, of course, represents Christ.


Related image
lds.org

Scriptural references: Numbers 21: 6-9Alma 33:19-21

Here's another thing to consider: I am not a huge fan of venomous snakes. Heck, no. Growing up in Texas we'd get big rattlesnakes sometimes. Summer of 2007 Dad spotted a rattlesnake in the barn. For a month when I'd go out to feed the rabbits I wore tennis shoes instead of sandals, and I was mortally afraid for our cats. I take venomous snakes seriously.


Image result for snek meme
This story is a little exceptional but you get my point
KnowYourMeme

I'm more of a non-venomous kind of snake person. Maybe not anaconda/python huge. But I am a sucker for baby ball pythons.


Image result for snake in a hat
Also, HATS
CraveOnline

Here's another snake to consider: in the story Mufaro's beautiful daughters (it was on Reading Rainbow once), the younger sister befriends a little snake that lives in her garden. She welcomes it because it will keep away the pests. The snake is one of the many forms of a shape-shifting character that tests the two sisters.


Image result for snake meme
QuickMeme

An internet meme that has thrived lately is the Snek meme. The snek is adorkable and sweet and pokes fun at its own ferocity. It is a good mascot for a Slytherin who is nice and cute and recognizes her own awkwardness.


Image may contain: text
Tiny Snek Comics, Facebook

The Daily Dot: The Snek Meme

Yes, I am a Slytherin. And you can boop my snoot anytime.

Image result for snek meme
The Daily Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment